Monday, November 26, 2012

11/19-11/26

Last class was last Monday and it was so long ago I have no idea what we did. I'm pretty sure we got a lot of papers though and had a discussion about them.
For my thirty- day challenge I have written a couple of letters to my sister at college, a letter to my friend Emily, a couple of letters to post secret, and letters to various family members. I am finding it very difficult to write a letter a day an often only remember right before I'm a noir to go to bed. But the people I've been sending them to have mostly written me back and said that they really liked receiving them.
Today in history we learned about how Kansas and Nebraska became states and the chaos it caused. Stephen Douglass wanted to organize the unorganized territory and so he made them states and decided that they would solve the issue of slavery with popular sovereignty. A bunch of chaos inside and 200 people were killed in only a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment