Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11/16-11/19

On Friday in history we read a chapter from Harriet Breecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin this chapter was about a woman named Eliza that ran away from her master with her two children. He master is trying to hunt her down and hires two men and their dogs to do the job. For my thirty- day challenge I sent in an application letter to e a CIT at a summer camp. Over the weekend for my thirty-day challenge I wrote letters to My granparents. Today in history we talked a little bit about the chapter of Uncle Tom's Cabin we read and then we talked about the fugitive slave law. Te fugitive slave law said that anyone caught helping slaves whether directly or indirectly would be fined a sent to jail. This helped the slave owners, because many people started to comply to this law and turn in slaves just out of fear. For my thirty-day hallenge I wrote another letter to my friend Priya who wrote me back from the first letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment